These are the rules and regulations for the Equity Awards. We encourage all entrants to read the rules and regulations in their entirety prior to filling out voting forms.
1.Equity Ensemble Awards shall be given for Outstanding Performances on Screen.
2.Programs must be Australian and must feature an Australian cast.
3.Programs must have been first broadcast on the small screen in Australia between 1 January and 31 December of each calendar year.
4.The production must be covered by the appropriate MEAA Agreement.
5.Any decision as to eligibility shall be final and non-reviewable.
THE ANNUAL AWARDS: SCREEN PROGRAMS
Awards for Outstanding Ensemble Performances shall be given in the following categories:
-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Miniseries or Telemovie
-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
RULES FOR NOMINATIONS
-Equity will prepare lists of all eligible performances. However, Equity assumes no responsibility for any error or omission and shall have no liability to anyone. Equity shall be the sole judge of whether a performance satisfies the eligibility requirements. Eligible programs not contained in Equity’s list can be nominated by Equity members pursuant to the rules below.
-The judging will be taken by the full membership. Details of nomination rules and processes will be sent via the Equity e-bulletin. Equity members view and vote for the nominees online. To be eligible to make a valid nomination, Equity members must be financial at the close of nominations.
-Those performances in each category receiving the highest number of votes shall become the winners.
-In the event a nominated performance is declared ineligible by Equity, it shall be replaced by the performance which received the next highest number of votes.
-If Equity deems there are insufficient numbers of submissions in any category, then Equity reserves the right to review that category for nomination eligibility. Any decision made by Equity shall be final and binding.
-Submissions will not be accepted for the same program in more than one category.
-A Screen Ensemble shall be defined as those eligible core actors who have appeared in half the episodes originally aired during the Awards year, subject to the determination of Equity which will be final and binding. Determination of what constitutes a majority of original episodes shall be at the sole discretion of Equity.
1. Voting for awards shall be restricted to financial members in good standing of the Actors Equity section of the Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance as at the close of voting.
2. The performance receiving the highest number of votes will become the recipient of the award in that category.
3. In the event of a tie for first place in final voting, awards shall be given for all performances so tied.
4. A performance submitted for the Equity Ensemble Awards consideration may not be withdrawn after the submission deadline.
5. Eligibility for consideration for the Equity Ensemble Awards will be limited to performances in small screen productions which have met the requirements of Section One.
6. Ineligible entries can be disqualified at any stage.
7. The Equity Ensemble Award is the property of Equity and all rights thereto are reserved by Equity. The statuette may not be reproduced or used in any commercial manner unless otherwise permitted by Equity. Possession of the statuette is solely for the honor of the recipient and is restricted to the recipient, the recipient’s spouse, the recipient’s domestic partner, the recipient’s children or Equity. (The recipient’s spouse, domestic partner, and children are referred to as “Permitted Donees.”)
8. Any question concerning eligibility or the interpretation of these Rules and Regulations shall be submitted to Equity whose decision shall be final and binding.
9. The winners will be announced at an event to be held in June, 2019.