On Thursday, June 21, celebrated Australian performerToni Lamond will give her first Equity musical theatre masterclass in Melbourne. Participants will be able to draw on Toni’s vast experience working in Australia, UK and the USA on productions as varied as: Mame, Oliver, Cabaret, Annie, Hello Dolly!, Nunsense and 42nd Street.
Topics Toni will cover include:
•Acting through song
•Choosing repertoire for auditions
Click here to apply for Toni's Equity Masterclass. Please note: You must be a financial member of Actors Equity to apply.
“Toni Lamond is not a performer, she is a force of nature…” So began one of the reviews for Toni’s most recent new theatre piece, Times Of My Life.
In a constantly evolving career, Toni remains at the top of her profession. Born to an Australian show business dynasty, Toni's career began at age 10 singing on the radio and touring with her parents' variety shows and has since encompassed musical comedy, straight plays, recordings, film and cabaret.
In Australia she went on to star in the original productions of The Pajama Game, Oliver, Gypsy, Anything Goes, Tunnel Of Love and Wildcat. In the early 60's, a television pioneer, she was a regular on Graham Kennedy's In Melbourne Tonight (IMT), ultimately hosting her own IMT, the first woman to do so.
In the UK she appeared in night clubs, revues, BBC-TV and BBC Radio. She recorded two singles for Phillips, London. Relocating to the US in the mid 70's through the mid 90's, her theatre credits include: Mame, Oliver, Cabaret, Annie, Hello Dolly!, Nunsense, The Mystery Of Edwin Drood, Sherlocks' Last Case and 42nd Street. In TV she featured in: Starsky And Hutch, The Bob Newhart Show, Eight Is Enough, You Can't Take It With You, Starman, The Tortelli's, Three's Company, Punky Brewster, Murder She Wrote, The Last Frontier, The Love Boat and Days Of Our Lives.
Returning to live permanently in Australia, her Australian credits include: 42nd Street, The Follies Concert, Pirates Of Penzance, My Fair Lady, Walt Disney's Beauty And The Beast, Oh Coward! Australian films are: Spotswood, How Wonderful, Running From The Guns, Razzle Dazzle.
Toni has won two Logies, A Variety Club Award and a Mo Award.
• In 1993 she was presented with the Key to the City of Melbourne.
• In 2000 was included in the Victorian Honours List of Women who Shaped The Nation.
• In 2003 was awarded The Centenary of Federation Medal for "Services To The Community Through The Arts."
• In 2008 awarded with the Green Room Lifetime Achievement Award.
• In 2009 awarded the Sydney Theatre Awards (Sydney Theatre Reviewers) Lifetime Achievement Award.
• In 2010 awarded the "Glugs" 2010 Seaborn, Broughton and Walford Lifetime Achievement Award.
• 2011 THE J.C.W. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
• An Achievement Award by the City Of Sydney in recognition of "A Lifetime Contribution To Show Business, And An Ongoing Commitment To The Nurturing Of New Talent"
• And the Order Of Australia (AM) in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.