Self Test Studio Induction
245 Chalmers Street
365 Queen Street
Equity New Zealand Office
283 Karangahape Road
The Self Test Studio is designed for Equity members to record a self test in a professional environment. The Studio has recording facilities only. There is no editing equipment. You will be required to bring your own camera card to insert into the camera and take it away for editing. All members are required to watch the Self-Test Induction video below before booking the room.
Making a Booking
- The hours of operation are: Mon-Fri 9.30am-4.30pm.
- Bookings are for 45 mins.
- Visit www.equityfoundation.org.au/selfteststudio to make a booking online. Have your membership card handy when booking. Note that this is a two step process, as you have to have to validate the appointment in the first email.
- Only financial members of MEAA Equity are eligible to use the Studio. To check your membership please contact MEAA Member Central on 1300 65 65 13 or email email@example.com
- No-shows will be unable to register again for a period of 1 month.
- Cancellations must be made within a 24hour notice period.
- Please note that bookings are a two-step process. You must validate your appointment from the link in the first email to complete your booking.
Using the Self Test Studio
- Melbourne bookings only: if you are self-testing for a role which requires music or singing, the room is only available between 12.30pm and 1.30pm, or by special arrangement after 4.30pm. Please contact Sarah McKenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nicholas Kyriacou (email@example.com) with any queries.
- Please be respectful that in some cities, the self-test rooms are located within an office environment where MEAA staff are working during the day and excessive noise can be a distraction.
- You will need to bring a standard SD card on the day, preferably a fast card (listed as 400x or 30mb/s or higher). You may want to consider formatting this card first so you can ensure there will be enough room. Do not forget to remove your camera card upon leaving.
- No more than 3 people allowed in the room at any one time.
- Camera Operator
- All equipment must be put back to its original place before leaving.
- No food or drinks (apart from water) are to be consumed in the studio.
- Please clean up any rubbish before leaving.
- DO NOT leave the Self Test Studio open without anyone present at ANY time. If you need to leave for some reason please call an Equity Staff member to lock the venue.
- What to wear: Try to stay away from blue colours since you will blend into the bright blue colour of the wall. Stay away from tops with patterns, words and/or branding, or anything that is too busy.
- Be sure to memorise your lines and feel comfortable with the script.
- You will need a reader in the room with you, so if you can find someone who has some acting ability, this will help make a stronger self-test.